Sunday, January 22, 2006

Back to Iraq

Well, I just got the news on Friday. It looks like I'm going back into Iraq. For those of you who know me personally, I'm going back to the same place I was at last time. For those of you that don't know me personally, I can't reveal information such as when and where in this forum at this time. OPSEC (operational Security) prohibits spread of this information to ensure safe departures and arrivals of personnel and equipment. I wouldn't want to have my plane or ship attacked because I said when and where myself as well as the troops from my base will be.

I'll keep posting while I'm deployed whenever I can. I'm trying to get a laptop to take with me. I can type what I want to post at any time on it, then just save it to a disk and cut and paste it to the blog on a government computer over there. Those who wish to have e-mail correspondence from me, feel free to leave your e-mail address in the comments section of any of my blog posts. I will also try to upload pictures while I'm there. I'll mail the film back home, have my wife develope it, and e-mail them back to me so that I can post them.

Your prayers and well wishes will always be welcomed by myself. Also, if you wish to pass any well wishes on to people deployed to my location, I would be happy to do that as well. I can notify you of where I will be once I get there, but not before.

Thank you for all your love and support.

2 comments:

Lana said...

I'm sooooooo proud of you!
Your #1 fan,
~Lana~

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being so dedicated and serving our country well! May God send angels to keep you safe! My prayers are with you and wife as well! God bless, Donna